Topic

Wilderness Waterway intel?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Wilderness Waterway intel?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

Clearly this isn't hiking but I do value the outdoors opinions of people on this forum more than any other…

So, has anyone here ever done the Wilderness Waterway through the Everglades? It is on my life list and a unique opportunity to do it will be coming my way in January, but I might have to do it solo in my Long Haul Mk.2. There is simply no way that my usual hiking victim -er- partner will be released by his wife to do it with me.

(For those who don't know, the Wilderness Waterway is a 100-mile canoe/kayak route through the mangroves and offshore islands of the southwest coast of Florida, between Everglades City and Flamingo, including part of the 10,000 Islands.)

I'm interested in travel times, recommended campsites and chickees, NOBO versus SOBO, water consumption, guidebook recommendations, swamp monster repellent, etc.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools