Topic

UL mosguito net for hammock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) UL mosguito net for hammock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Devon Cloud

@devoncloud

Locale: Southwest

anyone know where to purchase a UL mosquito net for a hammock that is already pre-made? Not much of a DIY guy, and the only ones I have found so far are two heavy for me to use my UL hammock during the buggy season.

Walter Carrington
    BPL Member

@snowleopard

Locale: Mass.

Randy Smith/Papa Smurf occasionally posts on BPL. He sells 'bug socks' in tulle (1.87 to 2.5 oz) and noseeum (5.5 to 8oz). I haven't used them (not a hammocker), but he's given excellent service on things I have ordered.
    http://www.dream-hammock.com/#ecwid:category=2278226&inview=product9610147&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I have the dp Hammock bug net. It weighs less than an ounce and works pretty well. At $12.95 (and they usually have them in stock) it might be worth a try for you.

One thing I've learned about it though – the tulle blows off you in the slightest breeze. This past weekend I spent a bunch of time with it and found the solution to that – I borrowed six of my daughter's "snap barrets" and use them (3 to a side) to hold the tulle against the hammock. You could probably use paper clips equally well, but the snap barretts seem to work really well.

Devon Cloud

@devoncloud

Locale: Southwest

awesome, thanks guys :)

windsor ak
    BPL Member

@windsor

Locale: MN

Wildernesslogics.com 8 oz
    Warbonnetoutdoors.com 7.5 oz
    Arrowheadequipment.webs.com 5 oz
    Dream-hammock.com 1.87 oz – 8 oz

Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

I bought the bug sock from Randy and absolutely love the design however I had him make it in tulle to save some weight and it ripped in several places the first time out. Not worth the weight savings. Go with true bug netting rather than the tulle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools