Topic

Climashield Apex 2.5oz

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Climashield Apex 2.5oz

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

So I've been gathering materials for a warm weather quilt and I just received my 2.5oz Apex insulation from Thru-Hiker. Upon examining it, it seems to be much more thin in some areas and thicker in others. There is even a strip right through the middle where it looks like it's been seamed together or something. It just looks real patchy.

What I'm wondering is if this is just what the lighter Apex looks like, or did I get a bad piece, or am I just being overly critical?

Could someone please shed some light on this for me?

Jamie Klein
    Spectator

@jasklein

Locale: Louisville

Mine I bought a couple weeks ago was like that also. Didn't have any problems using it in my quilt.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Very normal for that weight.

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

Thanks fellas, this is my first experience with this stuff and was just unsure.

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

Sean, I too recently got 2 yds of the same 2.5 oz/sqyd Climashield Apex from thru-hiker just last week and noticed the same thing as what you describe. However, as evidenced by some of the post's here already, it looks like it is a normal thing. Also, with my limited history of ordering from Thru Hiker, as well as the many others that use his materials and praise his stuff, I feel like if it was not acceptable, he wouldn't have shipped it. Just my thoughts.

Anyway, good luck with your quilt!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools