Topic

Newbie looking for a tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Newbie looking for a tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

Hi-

Friend of mine only goes packing with me once a year. That's all.

He uses most of my gear, but since I have only one tent know (closet cleanout) he needs to get his own. Any lightweight inexpensive 1 man tents that can be obtained from a REi/Campmor/EMS??

Thanks

Dan Cherry

@risingsun

Locale: Northern Arizona

Here's a good quality REI Outlet option here. For a once a year use, this is a good price for a tent backed by a great REI guarantee. A little heavy for a single person, but still under 3lbs. Why not?

Edit for another: Tarptent Rainbow is up for sale over on Whiteblaze gear swap if you hurry.

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Locale: Cascades

Here is one…not super light (under 4lbs), but it has decent floor space, and for under $100.00 (after coupon) it seems like a great value. http://www.rei.com/product/827809/rei-passage-1-tent

Herbert Sitz
    BPL Member

@hes

Locale: Pacific NW

It's not at REI/Campmor/EMS but it's relatively light and cheap:

SMD Skyscape Scout, $125, 34 oz (assumes use of your own two trekking poles)
    Six Moon Designs Tents

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

A little heavy, but once a year who cares (and if its good weather camping leave fly at home). Less than a 100 bucks.

http://www.geartrade.com/item/263367/flint-1-tent-1-person-3-season-bamboo-green-one-si

Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

Thanks, didn't think of the REi brand tents.

I was going to say the backcountry 1 by eureka but maybe not..

Any others?

Dan Cherry

@risingsun

Locale: Northern Arizona

Watch for a couple weeks on gear swap here on BPL and you are going to see a lot of used solo tent option at discount. Really, it's a great way to go if it is not going to be heavily used.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

They rent as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools