Topic

Grivel Snowshoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Grivel Snowshoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Lane

@paddster

Locale: western NY

Has anyone seen these? I suspect that they might not be available any longer. I saw a guy using them this past winter, and its setup was similar to the Kahtoola in that it included the grivel crampons and what seemed like a regular boot into the binding of the snowshoe form

For lack of a better word, is anyone familiar with Skating snowshoes? Not the Karvu kind of gliding snowshoes, but smaller ones you can scate on?

Don Selesky
    Spectator

@backslacker

[Has anyone seen these? I suspect that they might not be available any longer. I saw a guy using them this past winter, and its setup was similar to the Kahtoola in that it included the grivel crampons and what seemed like a regular boot into the binding of the snowshoe form]

Used them once. The crampon just didn't lock into the snowshoe very well, and kept coming out.

Threw them out.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but they just didn't work well. Too bad, the concept was interesting.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

They make 9 models. I ordered the Spiders as a LW compromise when not carrying my 12 pointers. Are you referring to the Spiders?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools