Topic

northern california trip recommendation please

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion northern california trip recommendation please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Park
    BPL Member

@dpark

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I have a chance to get away for a weekend in mid June. I live in the Bay Area. I'd be willing to drive 4 hrs ie Yosemite, Tahoe, Emigrant, anywhere etc.

I have two friends that want to come. One is not in the best of physcial shape though. Can anybody recommend a trail that moderate in intensity, around 5mi or so, and has trout fishing at the end of it. The other friend would really like to fish for his dinner so a place with high success of catching dinner would be appreciated.

Thanks.

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

A few destinations in the Emigrant/ N. Yosemite area that fit the billing:

1) Kennedy Lake out of Kennedy Meadows

2) Kibbie Lake out of Cherry Reservoir

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Do you want lake or stream fishing? Most people prefer to hike to lakes, but that also means that the lakes often get more fishing pressure. What about Clark Fork off 108 in the Carson-Iceberg Wilderness? You won't see anyone else, and trout are nice–up to about 14 inch brookies. But that's a stream not a lake trip.

WE have more suggestions on our website: backpackthesierra.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools