Topic

LiteTrail 1 mm SUL Guyline and Color Coded 10 mL Aquamira Bottles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals LiteTrail 1 mm SUL Guyline and Color Coded 10 mL Aquamira Bottles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

We've got two hot new items in the LiteTrail Gear Shop that we are really excited about!

* LiteTrail DB10 0.35 oz / 10 mL Dropper Bottles Color Coded (2-Pack). Color coded 10 mL Aquamira repacking bottles. Never confuse your A/B solutions again. The perfect size for a 5-day trip.

am

* LiteTrail GLine Polyester Dyneema Guyline Cord (50 feet). 1 mm Polyester Dyneema super ultralight shelter guyline in Hi-Vis orange. The thinnest on the market with 200 lbs breaking strength! Only 0.44 oz for 50 feet.

gl

Use coupon code ltdisc10 for a 10% BPL members only discount. For a limited time we are offering free shipping on orders over $45.

Cheers,

Jhaura
    LiteTrail.com

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

See 5/14 post below…

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

See 5/14 post below…

Don A.
    BPL Member

@amrowinc

Locale: Southern California

This message comes up when applying the coupon.

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

Don A.
    BPL Member

@amrowinc

Locale: Southern California

Problem resolved-coupon works. Thanks for your quick response Jhuara.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Due to some technical difficulties with the 20% off coupon yesterday, I'm offering it again today.

Please be sure to COPY / PASTE the coupon code below:

BPL20P0514

Shop for ultralight backpacking gear here:
    LiteTrail.com/shop/

Some people were typing a letter O instead of the number Zero, or a letter I for a letter L which would cause the coupon to fail.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

We've upgraded our popular Aquamira repacking dropper bottles kit with * waterproof * polypropylene labels, now included with every purchase! These are way cool.

If you purchased a set in the past, let us know via our contact form on our website or email and we'll send you a set out no charge. If you have your order # that would help, but not required.

am1

am2

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

How will the user know to put the blue cap back onto the A bottle and the orange cap back onto the B bottle?

If they get mixed, the chemicals are now cross-contaminated with each other.

–B.G.–

Steve C

@smit

Locale: sierra nevada

I think you put the red cap on the bottle with the red nipple and the blue cap on the bottle with the blue nipple, (see first picture)
    Steve

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Steve, that much I had.

Periodically you need to take it all apart to replenish the small bottles from the large bottles, so the nipple/inserts are removed. How do you remember whether blue goes on A or whatever? I guess the only solution is to remember to remove only one at a time.

Alternatively, the labels could be made blue or orange to agree with the cap colors.

–B.G.–

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

–B.G.–

Sounds like both you and Steve caught the cap color and nipple color match up.

When we designed these the Aquamira Part A from McNett had a BLUE label and the Part B had an ORANGE one. So our bottles matched that. So when refilling you would see from the McNett bottle which color cap to match up.

Now they've changed their packaging, so this method is not effective. However, we recommend re-filling the dropper bottles one at a time to prevent cross-contamination. This is usually done at home and not in the field where one is less trail-tired and pretty straight forward, so mixups would be very rare.

Colored labels could be an option. Right now the printer we use is just one color Maybe time to upgrade!

Thank you all for the feedback.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

"Colored labels could be an option. Right now the printer we use is just one color Maybe time to upgrade!"

I have a printer here with two colors: black and white.

Maybe in the interim you could put colored stickers in the corner of the black and white labels. You really want to make it foolproof. It sounds like McNett is working against you and not for you.

–B.G.–

Mathew MacDonald
    BPL Member

@kaymat

Locale: Alaska

I just checked out Litetrail.com. That's cool you have possum down gloves in stock, I just might have to finally get a pair of these =)

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

We've got a new color 1 mm GLine polyester/dyneema guyline, and a restock of our Hi-viz orange. It's been out of stock for a couple of weeks.

The new color is a blend of black and white to make a speckled gray or heather. It's a pretty good stealth color and provides some contrast for trip-up prevention.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools