Topic

GoLite Jam Pack Volume

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GoLite Jam Pack Volume

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chad Ware

@ware4

Locale: Northwest Georgia

Am looking at getting a Jam before the super sale ends. All models have an extendable roll top. Can anyone tell me if the stated volume is for "rolled" or "extended".

I use a 44L pack now. I've got too much room in the summer and just enough in the winter. I am trying to decide if I should go with the 35L or 50L Jam.

Thanks
    Chad

Don Abernathey

@oldguysrule

Locale: PNW

I'm pretty sure the volume is with the top up. Personally I would go with the 70 because you can squish it down to day pack size. By the way, I'm not sure Golite is really having a "sale" as much as a transition to selling direct.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I would get the Jam 50. The Jam 35 is really small, and the short extension caller is a problem. Even if the Jam 50 is a bit big, the compression system is good so you can squeeze it down.

David Vo

@sygyzy

I was deciding between the 50 and 70 and the 70 only weighs 30 grams more. It seems better to have the extra room just in case.

Chad Ware

@ware4

Locale: Northwest Georgia

Sounds like I should go for the 50L over the 35. I would never be able use the volume of the 70, even when I go out with my wife or daughter and carry half of their stuff my 44L is more than enough.

Thanks for the input, it helped a lot.

Matthew Nolin

@matthewnolin

Locale: New England

They go in and out of stock really quick so check the site often!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools