Topic

looking for lightweight shorts without mesh liner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) looking for lightweight shorts without mesh liner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Jensen

@johnj

Locale: Orange County, CA

I think I prefer my microwool boxer-breifs. Does anyone make a good, basic, light (preferably green, hiking style) short without mesh? I'm thinking something like my mountain bike shell shorts, but not so heavy or bulletproof.

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

if you find a pair of shorts you like, you can always just cut the mesh liner out. that's what I do.

Tyler H
    BPL Member

@ctwnwood

Locale: Madison

I picked up a pair of a shorts almost exactly as you're describing, even in green, at my local thrift store. They were soccer shorts, complete with emblem. They weigh 3.9 oz. I think they were $3. I don't do liner (edit: lined) shorts either.

So thrift it up.

You might also find a lightweight pair of board-shorts, something with a shorter cut, they don't have liners.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools