Topic

Nikon P310

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Nikon P310

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What do all you experienced photographers think of the Nikon P310? I'm thinking of buying one.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Hi Tom,

Slick enough little camera and I'm sure it's well made. Based strictly on specs, as I've not used one, it underreaches at that price point. Small sensor, high pixel count, no RAW, horrid battery life. For a little more you can have one of several serious compacts that will deliver more.

"Other than that Mrs, Lincoln…"

Cheers

Rick

Anonymous
    Inactive

"For a little more you can have one of several serious compacts that will deliver more."

I, too, wondered about the sensor, Rick. What attracted me were the ease of use and the F1.8 lens for low light situations. Also its relatively light weight. Do you have any recommendations you could give me for a better camera in that price range, especially given I'm not a super serious photographer? I'm not likely to be working with RAW or enlarging prints beyond 8 X 10 at most. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Your analysis mirrors that of a couple of reviews I read, BTW.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I was looking at the P310, too, and came to the same conclusions as Rick (though I did really like how fast it was to turn on and to process files).

The Canon PowerShot S100 is very similar and is getting rave reviews all over the Internet. More expensive, but has a much better specifications set. The images look a lot cleaner, too.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Hi Tom,

I'll echo Miguel on the S100, although it's quite new and has not been discounted yet. The S95 deals were really good after the S100 was announced and there might be a few lingering around.

Rumor has it an XZ2 (Oly) will be announced soon and if so, XZ1 discounts should be very tempting. Honestly, that's the camera the P310 seems to be emulating. It has the fastest lens of all the advanced compacts and a killer OLED display–takes an EVF too. The Panny LX5 would be a great alternative. It's occasionally sold at blow-out prices and is also due for a replacement, so might become available at fire sale prices.

That's the neighborhood I'd be shopping in.

Cheers,

Rick

Anonymous
    Inactive

"I'll echo Miguel on the S100, although it's quite new and has not been discounted yet. The S95 deals were really good after the S100 was announced and there might be a few lingering around."

Thanks, guys. You've given a novice a lot of good beta to mull over, one of the real bennies to being a member of this great community.

herrey john

@clifton

Nikon Coolpix P310 Digital solid Camera appraisal you can fire in auto form, where the camera will decide the right setting based on the prospect. Other gunfire modes include car HDR form, Easy view 360°/180° and 3D.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools