Topic

Going to Glacier, need camp spots along the way.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Going to Glacier, need camp spots along the way.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I secured a permit for Glacier National Park in late Aug. There will be 4 of us going. We will be driving from central California and stopping about half way, or a little more. I need help finding a nice place to camp for the night in Northern Utah, not to far off the Hwy, probably a little farther north of Logan Utah. Any suggestions? We could also stay in a cheap motel, or a hostel, if they have anything like that there, but camping would be our 1st choice.

Thanks in advance, Jack

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

I can't help you out Jack other than to say that Logan is a super cool town. And the drive from there to Jackson is really nice.

Oh yeah, and whatever you do, don't stop in Winnemucca!

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Oh, come on Dave, you're hurt"in my feelings, I own property in Winnemucca. I plan to build a desert cabin there in a few years. It's 37 miles north west of town, out in the middle of exactly no where! But hey, no niehbors, or city congestion, just me and the wide open space.

William Cummings

@rcummings1

Locale: Colorado

Spring Hollow Campground just past Logan. It's easy in and out off Hwy 89. Another is Dewitt Campground a little further down the road.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

William, how far off the Hwy 89 is the campground? Do you know there phone # or prices?

Thanks ,Jack

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Never mind I just found it.

Thanks, Jack

Robert Perkins
    Spectator

@rp3957

Locale: The Sierras

Hey Jack, Is your property out in the Unionville area south of Imlay? If so, don't tell anybody, but it is pretty nice out there. Nice little desert oasis.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Robert, you take Jungo Hwy out of town, it's about 5 miles of asphalt road now, "YEAH", then it turns into a dirt Hwy "BOOO" for another 25 miles, then you drive 7 miles cross country literally, no real roads to speek of, just ranchers tending to cattle, sage brush, antelope and cows.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Yeah, but 37 miles outside Winnemucca is still not IN Winnemucca!

Oos, I was thinking of Wells….worst motel ever…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools