Topic

Where Can I Find 2mm Black Reflective Cord?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Where Can I Find 2mm Black Reflective Cord?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I have 1/8" black cord with white tracer embedded that glows in the dark when hit with a light. It comes from Seattle Fabrics. I'm using it with LineLocks that look like this –
    LineLock

…but it to tight. It works, but it is a struggle.

So now I'm looking for some 2mm or 2.5mm, Black, with white tracers.

Any sources?

Randy Smith

@papasmurf

Locale: Dream Hammock

The smallest I have been able to locate is the 2.75 mm GLOcord from Sterling Ropes.
    http://www.sterlingrope.com/product/0/A027GMC/_/2.75mm_GLOcord_Minor_Spool

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Randy,

Good source. Thanks for the link.

Greg,

If you go to Randy's Sterling Ropes link and look for "packaged cord" you'll find some 1.5mm stuff. It's kind of ironic that they have something larger and smaller than you want……but not what you want.

Daryl

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

In theory 1/8" is 3.175 mm, which should work in the typical LineLock. I suspect that it is just a little bit fat, or that the tracer hangs up. I have had black with tracer that worked well from Big Agnes. But, alas, they no longer sell it.

So anything spec'ed less than 3mm will probably work.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

I ordered and received the Sterling 2.75 Black Reflective cord.

It appears and behaves the same as the line I got from Seattle Fabrics – very stiff through a LineLok.

So the hunt continues.

Chris Lucas

@cheme

Locale: SC

How about this: http://lawsonequipment.com/All-Products/Reflective-Glowire-p881.html ?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice that you asked for black. If you could live with orange this seems to meet your other criteria.

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

You could dye the cord black if the outside is nylon with basic RIT dye. I don't know what that would do to the tracers though. I don't know if it is dyneema with a dacron shell, which would not take RIT (though maybe another dye), or if the core is just a blend. Just an option though.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I dyed my Ohm pack. The compression cord took the dye well and the reflective coating on the velcro absorbed no dye. I think it could work.

Ray Klahne
    BPL Member

@klahne

Locale: South Florida

Exped Reflective Dyneema Cord 2mm is available at several locations. Search Google and take your pick.

David Schwaiger
    BPL Member

@davids31

Locale: Good Hope

Here is a link for 2mm reflective on Amazon.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Came across this forum. I know its old, but I wanted to say I am now making black reflective cord for all those of you who are still looking.. It comes in 50' and 100' hanks.

LawsonEquipment.com

Thanks,
    Lawson

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools