Topic

Free stuff I’m giving away

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Free stuff I’m giving away

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shewie
    BPL Member

@shewie

Locale: UK

Hopefully that will get your attention ..

How about making a newbie feel a bit more welcome by somebody actually responding to one of his posts?

Three to go at, nothing exciting but forums don't really work unless you have more than one person …

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=63481

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=63483

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=63484

Be nice, speak to me, make a newbie feel welcome eh guys?

BER —
    BPL Member

@ber

Locale: Wisconsin

hahah

Hey Rich. Sorry. Didn't comment on the first cuz, I already follow your blog. Didn't comment on #2 cuz I did on HF already. Didn't comment on #3, cuz I'm not particularly UL and think there are others here more qualified to comment on your kit. I do like the way you laid it out for photos and identification.

But cheers and welcome.

B

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Three to go at, nothing exciting but forums don't really work unless you have more than one person …

OK so I think your titles don't help. Seeing blog in the title is a sure pass for many. Seems like everyone and their uncle has a blog these days.

Do you want the comments for your blog here or there?

Second link. Nice photo

Third ink. Best of luck with the TGO. I would like to it someday myself. But see once again you link to your blog. Do you want comments here or there?

Like I have said before. I think blogs are the reason for less frequent postings here and the real reason behind the lesser numbers of quality articles here. People writing content for their own blogs, not BPL

So what do you hope to do here? Drive traffic to your blog or are you going to post BPL specific content?

Shewie
    BPL Member

@shewie

Locale: UK

Hey Brian, good to see you on here, you paddling yet or are you still frozen up?

Ken-

Thanks for the comments

I guess I linked to my blog so folk could see what I was about, I don't really give two hoots about traffic through my blog but reading it back it does come across that way, I started my blog for family and friends to read after I'd been on trips as most of them don't do blogs, I think when I've updated it with content for my upcoming trip it made sense to just link to that rather than typing it up in B&W here.

I wasn't sure how to upload pics either, do they have to be local to my PC rather than hosted somewhere?

thanks again

Rich

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools