Topic

Father, daughter…East Fork, San Gabriel River. 4/28/12

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Father, daughter…East Fork, San Gabriel River. 4/28/12

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

No heroics or misadventures here. Just good weather, easy living, and some pics and prose.

http://sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/father-daughter-east-fork-san-gabriel-river-42812/

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Nice. You needed a break.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Very nice, Craig. Is that an old Walrus tent in the pics?

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Good eye!
    It's the inner of a Walrus Rapeed XV, my old 2 man mountaineering/winter tent. Without carrying the fly or extra poles, it makes a decent summer bug tent for a kid and I…freestanding, airy, and about 3 pounds.

brian blair

@donkey

Locale: Silverado Canyon

Great post Craig. It's cool seeing parents raise their kids up in their own way. Good work.

BB

David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

Really nice, Craig.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Craig,
    This was one of my favorite of your father/child posts. You captured a couple of amazing sentiments in just a few perfectly chosen words. My kids are a bit younger than yours, and your reports never fail to give me hopeful glimpses of my future.
    Thanks

Oh, and that was a big bottle of wine for one adult

James Castleberry

@winterland76

What it's all about. I really enjoyed this too. Way to capture a very special time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools