Topic

ULA Amp pictures

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Amp pictures

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

The Ula Amp has arrived in Australia. I picked it up from work this morning, put my groceries in it, 10 lb, and discovered that it was not a challenge for the pack. So I arrived home and spotted a request, on another forum, for some pictures including the gear that can fit in it.
    Now what I managed to put inside, easily, is what I would carry on a three day hike with a minimum temperature around 32 F.
    The gear in the picture is not what I would recommend to carry, but on a quick test it appears that it is doable.
    Note the 2 liters of water and the fact that the extended collar is mostly not used. There is enough space in the front (removable pocket) for my aqua shoes ( my camp/river crossing footwear)
    My kit is by no means "minimalist" note the full length Insulmat, 2 hats, two pairs of socks.
    For most this would be a great day/overnighter pack, for the Ultralighter a thru-hiking pack.
    The total weight of my set up is 20b.
    Some of the bits
    Tarptent Contrail
    Insulmat ThermoMax
    WM Highlite
    Montane rain jacket and pants
    1 l pot

My version of the frame is made up from the Insulmat/WM bag at the bottom (inside the stuff sacks, positioned vertically) and my folded possum down jumper with the food bag holding it against the back wall (towards the straps..)
    The result is a nice "soft" and flat wall against my back. Obviously a puffy jacket would work just as well.
    The reason I mentioned the frame bit is because most talk about torso only pads for this type of pack, but it does not have to be.
    Franco
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Thanks for the nice pics! Please share a long-term report in the future!

Todd

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Oh, cool. Thanks Franco.
    -Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools