Topic

Olympus XZ-1 vs. Canon S100

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Olympus XZ-1 vs. Canon S100

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

So my Sony bit the sand, literally, on a trip in March, and got ruined so I need a new camera for this summer. I've been looking at the S100, and I really like it, but it doesn't have any way for it to be charged via USB. I found the Olympus xZ-1 and it looks like its charging pack has a USB input for charging and also has the larger sensor size and is comparable. It also looks like the Samsung TL500 is also in this same range of cameras with USB charging.

So, does anyone use the XZ-1 or the TL500, or something comparable that is USB chargeable, or should I just stock up on extra batteries while on extended trips and get the S100? I have several long trips planned, and while road tripping it’s MUCH easier for me to charge stuff via USB with my goal zero kit.

thanks

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Take a look at this charger :
    https://www.lenmar.com/Web/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=PPUCLIP
    According to Lenmar it will charge the Canon S100 batt (and other 3.6v batt) via USB
    Franco
    Video clip :

YouTube video

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

cool. i had looked for a USB charger like that but didn't find anything.

looks like staples has them in stock for $6. if thats true than that'll work. how well does that work?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

No direct experience but I can't see why it should not work.
    (providing you line up the contacts correctly)
    If I were still in camera retail I would have been able to find out for sure but I am not …
    Franco

Adam Chambers

@adamc

Hi,

I am also looking at getting the S100, but am trying to find a USB charging solution. Just wanted to know if you ended up getting the Lenmar device and how well it worked?

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools