Topic

micro-spikes for Merced Lake next week?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion micro-spikes for Merced Lake next week?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

I may only need micro spikes for one brief section of the trail from Happy Isles to Merced Lake–the north facing slope above the two bridges near Bunnell Point. Anybody been up this way recently? I hate to carry the spikes only to never use them!

Oh and p.s.: any mosquito reports?

Katy Anderson

@katyanderson

I was up that way on 4/19 – 4/20. Only went as far as Merced Cascade, but had no snow at all. When you go there will have been a couple of more weeks of snow-melt so I doubt you will need them.

Also went to Glacier Point on that trip, that did have some snow along the way. However I never took my spikies out of my pack. Because by the time I reached the snow areas it was afternoon and the snow was melting and sloppy wet. YMMV

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools