Topic

Big Agnes Clearview Sample Pad $25

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Big Agnes Clearview Sample Pad $25

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Latta

@skillet0

Locale: SW Michigan
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Nice. At $25 bucks they're practically disposable. And lightweight to boot.

P S

@xeren

Locale: Southern California

anyone know how comfy these are? they say they're rated to 35 degrees, that's not bad

mark r
    Spectator

@markfrommd

Any thoughts on how small these will pack down?

edit: Almost grabbed one but $15 shipping is a killer.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

under the photo in the link provided in the op, click on (pad specs chart) and it gives all the info including weight,rolled size according to which size you are interested in.,r value ect.

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

> they say they're rated to 35 degrees, that's not bad

It's just an air pad… no insulation.

It's probably comfy, just like the normal Clearview. The actual weight is probably about 1 ounce heavier than listed, judging from my normal Clearview.

Chad Billsby
    BPL Member

@billz107

Locale: Up North

I purchased several of these pads due to the low weight and good price. I immediately sent them back after testing one out on the floor.

The cut outs reduce the weight, but also reduce the structure. They allow the tubes to deform enough that you can feel the ground through th holes. I thought it might work like a Klimit X frame, but since the holes are not strategically placed it does not. I did not find the pad comfortable at all, and it certainly didn't keep me off the ground like my Neoair.

Maybe this is the reason the design from these samples hasn't made its way to the production offerings.

Mark Barnett

@beyondsundaymorning

Locale: Way Down South In Dixie

At only $25 I was thinking about purchasing two of these pads for my sons who are in Boy Scouts. They are fairly small boys so they don't weigh much. One of the people posting here said you could feel the ground when using it because of the holes that are in it. If anyone has tried these, do you think they would be ok for a younger teenager who doesn't weigh a lot and might not mash it down so much?

Thanks

Chad Billsby
    BPL Member

@billz107

Locale: Up North

They may be comfortable for smaller users who don't weigh much. However, I think that that much more of their body would fit into the holes. I really don't think they would be that comfortable. I do have to say that Big Agnes customer service was great and refunded my money before they even received the pads back from me.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I can't imagine that these pads would work below 50* for a cold sleeper. The holes seem too small for any amount of insulation from a sleeping bag to loft into the holes.
    The regular Clearviews are also way to fragile for a normal scout.
    YMMV

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools