Topic

Where can I buy Fizan Trekking Poles?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Where can I buy Fizan Trekking Poles?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Paul Phillips

@hecubus

Does anyone know of an online store, based in the U.S., where I can buy Fizan Trekking poles?

I'm specifically looking for some Fizan Compacts:

Fizan Compact Trekking Poles

John D

@johnd

Locale: CO

I don't think they're sold in the U.S. Their website lists no stateside distributors, and the review here also suggests they can't be bought here.

I picked some up from http://www.outdoorgb.com/ The package arrived within 2 weeks.

Brent Mahan

@thenerb

Locale: Southern New Hampshire

I also bought from that same website in Great Britain. Took about 10 days to get them. These poles are really awesome. Very impressed with the stiffness to weight ratio. Only thing that I was surprised about was how small the grips are. I have XL hands, and they are a little small.

I think after paying the PayPal conversion rate to USD, it came out to around $82 including shipping.

Great deal.

David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

Those look pretty nice, esp. for the price–is a little less than 11 oz for the pair correct? Any initial impressions on the reliability of the twist lock mechanism?

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

I've been using them for a couple of years (probably 80 or so hill days) and the twist-lock has been fine thus far. They are easy to dint though if you treat them in too cavalier a fashion.

Brian Lindahl
    BPL Member

@lindahlb

Locale: Colorado Rockies

As an alternative, check out Big Agnes' Trekking Poles.

10oz for the 120cm Helinox Passport Twistlocks (plenty tall for most people)

I bought mine through REI special order so I can have hassle-free returns if they don't stack up.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Sorry to derail the thread somewhat, but…

FYI, if you are considering the Big Agnes Helinox Featherlite poles, you can order them (120cm, 135cm versions) for $48 from departmentofgoods.com:

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/helinox-featherlite-twist-lock-trekking-pole

Shipping is free for orders over $50, so you'll need to find a cheap filler item.

Also, for these poles you could probably mod about an ounce off the weight by removing the excess foam from the handle. The only real concern that I have with them is the lack of reviews and user feedback available – they are somewhat of an unknown quantity.

Brian, I believe REI special orders do not get the same 100% guarantee like REI's standard products – I'm pretty sure that they are at least subject to a 15% restocking fee. I spoke with an REI rep about a special order for a Thermarest XTherm size small (a size which is not currently carried by REI) earlier this week and the rep mentioned that my order would be subject to 2 shipping charges – one from the manufacturer and then again to my door. That hassle led me to look at other retailers/consider a pad REI actually carries standard.

Brian Lindahl
    BPL Member

@lindahlb

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I've asked about special orders before on other items. There is no restocking fee. You do have to pay for shipping, however. I wasn't aware that backcountry.com is now carrying them. That solves that problem! However, departmentofgoods.com doesn't have the same 100% guarantee that regular backcountry.com does.

Daniel Cox
    BPL Member

@cohiker

Locale: San Isabel NF

"Also, for these poles you could probably mod about an ounce off the weight by removing the excess foam from the handle."

I hate to nitpick, because I don't actually own the Helinox poles, but the foam used for the grips is likely soft open-cell foam similar to, if not identical to, the foam that came on my CF poles from Costco. I removed the excess from those, and it totaled only 0.1oz. That stuff weighs nothing.

The entire foam grip, plastic cap and wrist strap is possibly one ounce though. Could cut some weight there maybe.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/fizan_compact_trekking_poles.html Uk store but very quick reliable delivery overseas and price should be reduced by 20% (UK sales tax) for overseas orders.
    Also at http://www.kathmandu.co.nz/Accessories/Hiking_&_Daywalking/60641/Fizan_Compact_Lite.html at a good price. Not sure if they ship to the US. I have a single one of these that I use and they are excellent.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

outdoorgb.com

other sites had way unreasonable shipping to US that jacked the price.

poles are good, dont collapse unless you beat them into the ground trying to stick them in to stand them up like ski poles.

Mark Dijkstra

@markacd

"Those look pretty nice, esp. for the price–is a little less than 11 oz for the pair correct? Any initial impressions on the reliability of the twist lock mechanism?"

I have found them to be very reliable. You can check my review of these poles here on BPL: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=46402&cat=Trekking%20Poles&cid=56

I bought mine in the UK. They were actually cheaper if you sent them to the US than if you sent them to the UK because of lower taxes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools