Topic

Sub 10 Ounce Top Quilt/ Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sub 10 Ounce Top Quilt/ Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Just got through making a top bag that has a slit down the middle of the single layer of bottom fabric, (acts more as a quilt). It took just over 5 hours while watching the SF Giants double header games last night. For how light this is, it is toasty warm. Did a perfect job at just making it wide enough to not have any drafts as well.

Used Momentum 50 with 5.4 ounces of 900 fill. The fabric weight before stuffing was 4.4 ounces, total weight 9.8 ounces. Loft is just under 2 1/2"

The top was just made to fit my body. I even did some extra sewing lines to make it fit better around both the feet and the shoulders. The top with down is 38" wide at is widest. There is a 6" filled collar that goes under the head that the bottom single layer is also sewn to.

I stitching is a 14-8 Karo style with sewn through stitching.

This was made to add a good degree of warmth to a bag as well as serve as a it's going to be a warm one quilt.quqw

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Aaron,

That's one mean quilt/top bag!

How long is it?

Todd

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Hi Sam,

That looks great. Made to fit just YOU. I like the thinking behind that and I expect there is not much wasted space.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools