Topic

Cottonwood Pass to Tuolumne permit & hithchiking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Cottonwood Pass to Tuolumne permit & hithchiking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Doug Coe
    BPL Member

@sierradoug

Locale: Bay Area, CA, USA

I had planned on doing the JMT nobo this summer but didn't get a Whitney permit in the lottery. So I've changed my goal to starting at Horseshoe Meadow, over Cottonwood Pass and on to Tuolumne. If I'm not doing an official JMT hike why bother hiking from Tuolumne to Yosemite Valley in the same trip, I say.

I'm planning on leaving my car at TM and busing to Lone Pine, then hitching to the trailhead at Horseshoe Meadow. Any advice or tips on how to catch a ride there?

Also, it looks like they now do permits for this trailhead at recreation.gov. Or I can call Inyo National Forest for the human touch, which saves me six bucks. Any comments on which worked better for you?

Thanks for your advice and tips!
    -Doug

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools