Topic

FYI Golite Poncho Tarp back in stock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals FYI Golite Poncho Tarp back in stock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Corey Miller

@coreyfmiller

Locale: Eastern Canada

As of 9 minutes ago they had 21 in stock and now at 20. Just got them in not too long ago. Its apparently been a big seller and I suspect a good majority of that because of the members here.

So if you've been waiting there are 20 left as of 9 minutes ago.

Cheers

Paul Ensley
    Spectator

@palooka

Locale: Indiana

Thanks for the heads up!

I love my GoLite poncho tarp, but it's the older model, heavier model. At this price, I couldn't resist ordering a new one!

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

sold out in a jiffy.

Drew York

@dychron

back in stock!

Paul Backus

@backuspaul

Locale: Bellingham, WA

If Drew's right and they were in stock earlier today, they aren't anymore. I emailed them yesterday when I saw this thread and was told they plan to get a shipment in early May, but the sale is scheduled to end on Wednesday (not sure which Wednesday, probably in a week). A bummer too because I was waiting to get the poncho, not realizing $45 was a sale, and when I went to buy it they were all gone :(

HOWEVER, I did find one store that seems to have some in stock on google:

http://ultraliteoutfitters.ecrater.com/p/14633699/golite-poncho-tarp-evergreen

It's not quite as good as the GoLite price ($60), but it's actually in stock and I couldn't resist ordering it as soon as I saw it, in case it sells out too. It says it's the 7.4oz version, too. They only have it in Evergreen though. I didn't mind, but some may.

Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

I've never considered a poncho tarp but the Golite one seems pretty popular. Do you guys use these as your main shelter or just a backup/emergency shelter? Wondering if it would be sufficient to handle thunderstorms in the Rockies in conjunction with a bivy. Sure would cut some weight.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Jeff, if you plan to use the Poncho Tarp in stormy conditions you will absolutely need a Bivy to make it work. The big issues with the Poncho Tarp as the primary shelter in storms is your rain gear is also your shelter so you get a little wet while setting up. The other issue is you have very little room to maneuver if you setup in a Half Pyramid (storm) pitch.

Based on my experience last summer I purchased a GG SpinnTwinn and my plans moving forward are to take the Poncho Tarp as my primary shelter if I don't expect significant storms. However, for longer trips or where I expect significant storms I will also bring the SpinnTwinn.

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

Granite Gear's Northern Lite Tarp is on theclymb today.

http://www.theclymb.com/brand-event/31610/show-product/48764?f=mi

Bobby Lee

@rblee

i purchased another one from that link you posted, got it in 3 days, looks good. ty

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

Paul & Bobby, thanks for posting this. I came across this site today on eCrater and emailed the store. Withing the hour I got an email back saying that these were in stock and ready to ship. So, based on that and the thumbs up here I ordered one too!

Just curious though, are the ones that y'all received from UltraLight Outfitters also the ones that are weighing in at 7 oz?

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

As evidenced by the post above, I had ordered one of these GoLite Poncho Tarps through eCrater from a store called UltraLight Outfitters. Before ordering I contacted UltraLight Outfitters to try and be sure that they actually had some of the poncho Tarps in stock. While waiting for a reply, I came across this thread and then felt that it was a safe bet to go ahead and place my order.

At the moment I submitted my order, Travis from UltraLight Outfitters had responded to my email and assured me that they were in stock and ready to ship. I responded back and let him know that I had just placed my order. He then responded back and told me thanks and that it would be in the mail the next day, Tuesday and I could expect it by Thursday! Surprisingly though, it showed up a full day early…today! So, I just wanted to share my great experience with UltraLight Outfitters in case someone else is wondering.

I will admit, at $59 the price was not as low as it is on GoLite's site, but with the free shipping (and did I mention fast shipping) it made up for it! Not to mention, he threw in a Light My Fire Spork too!

As far as the poncho, it is the green poncho tarp. The tags list 7.5 oz. On my scale, the poncho tarp only weighs 7.1 oz. The stuff sack weighs 0.7 oz.

All in all, I am very pleased with the service I received from UltraLight Outfitters as well as the product I received. And heck, even the price was pretty alright in my opinion. :)

Christine Mychajliw

@cleansnipe

The GoLite Pancho Tarp is in stock for $44.99 at CleanSnipe: http://www.cleansnipe.com/Searchresults.aspx?q=golite-pancho-tarp&t=All. Happy (and dry) Camping!

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

back in stock at golite and it is $36 with a 20% review coupon

Tim K
    BPL Member

@cfdtim

Locale: PNW

Looks like 300 in stock as of today.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools