Topic

POE Peak Elite AC

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals POE Peak Elite AC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tommy Franzen
    Spectator

@tomlike

Locale: Pacific Wonderland
    Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

all sort of problems with this pad, and horrible support.

P S

@xeren

Locale: Southern California

yep, i almost bought one of these until i started reading about all the issues people were having with it. holding out for an xtherm now.

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

I had one of these and returned it after the first night. It was miserable to sleep on compared to a neoair. But that's just my opinion.

Tommy Franzen
    Spectator

@tomlike

Locale: Pacific Wonderland

I momentarily forgot about all of the negative reviews of this pad. Don't be blinded by the price! FWIW, I love my Synmat UL 7!

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

I also have one of these pads – it's been on 5 trips and developed leaks at least 3 times. I've always babied it in handling – always used it with a bivi or some kind of groundsheet on soft ground (ie, grass, dead leaves). Honestly, I think the leaks somehow developed in pack on the trail. For example, I try the pad at home a day before the trip, it holds air fine (24hr after inflation it still has decent firmness), then I hump it with me all day in my pack, make camp and all of a sudden it can't hold air for more than an hour. Not fun at all when the ground is freezing and you can't get any sleep.

I'm not saying it's a bad pad or anything, but based on my personal experiences with my pad I just don't trust it enough to use it anymore, which is a shame, because it was great when it actually worked, and is super light for a full length pad at around 11oz. Haven't yet bothered with POE customer service, as I'm ready to move on anyways. Currently waiting for REI to get the xtherm in stock – planning to blow the rest of my dividend on the 2/3rds version.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Edit: double post!

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I might buy one. Mine worked great for months until it blew into bushes that shredded it. I'll try to fix it, and if I can't, I'll probably buy another.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

I bought 3. 2 of them leak.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

I have one, and have slept on it twice. No leaks so far, and for me it's been the best-supporting mattress I've ever used…but it just feels cold to me, so I spent my REI dividend on an xlite. The cold feeling may have to do with the deep channels between the tubes, or maybe there's just not enough insulation for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools