Topic

Grandma Gatewood documentary

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Grandma Gatewood documentary

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

What an amazing woman! Thanks for posting this!

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Anna,

Thank you so much for posting these links concerning Grandma Gatewood.

High top basketball shoes, a drawstring sack slung over her shoulder and at age 67 she solo hikes the AT. She did it without a SPOT, cell phone or the benefit of lightweight WPB materials. I'd really be curious to know if she treated her drinking water at all except for getting rid of the floaties. ;-)

These days we obsess over grams, material and designs. Grandma Gatewood was the original Nike commercial. She just did it!

She had no computer forums to ask questions on and get answers from all over the world like we do today. There were no MH dehydrated hiker meals back then. And I really wonder how well blazed the trail was in 1955. I got lost last year with guide book pages, blazes and a compass! LOL

Grandma Gatewood knew what it meant to "Party On". It means to just keep going no matter what you have to overcome to succeed!

Party On,

Newton

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools