Topic

French Broad Section 9

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting French Broad Section 9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Robin and I ran Section 9 of the French Broad River yesterday. The latter half includes a good class 3 known as Kayaker's Ledge and a class 4 known as Frank's Bells. Robin ran both successfully and I swam the latter holes of Frank's Bells. The upside is I got it on video so you can experience the roll and subsequent swim with me.

More info on my blog.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Great job in the video. I enjoyed watching that…..very complex and challenging rapids. Awesome.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Thanks Dan. It was a fun trip, even with my swim(s). :-)

Kayaker's Ledge creates a pretty obvious horizon line and is easy to scout. Unfortunately, Frank's Bells sneaks up on you and isn't really scouttable even if you can eddy before running it. Having run the river a few weeks ago at lower water and in a big boat didn't help a bit either. Water dynamics are qquite unpredictable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools