Topic

By Hand

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear By Hand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Lane

@paddster

Locale: western NY

I lack a sewing machine and any experience with one, except drunk in college but we will not talk about that. Can I create a decent overbag – bivy with handstitching or am I wasting my time?

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Hand stitching is entirely practical. Just search the net – and this and other MYOG forums – for hand stitching instructions. Learn a few stitches and remember to pin everything in place before you start sewing.

Jane McMichen

@jmcmichen

Locale: Maine, DownEast Coast

Kevin, thanks for the question. I am also just venturing into handstitching a sleeping bag and was wondering the same thing. Vick, I searched BPL and Google but didn't find instructions for handstitching. Know of any specific links you could supply? Thanks in advance.

PS – after going to MYOG posts from a year ago, found this link on google.
    Basic Stitches

Lots of good info, just have to start at the beginning of the MYOG posts instead of the end. Other links still appreciated, though!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools