Topic

Source of balm containers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Source of balm containers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I am looking to replace some of the small balm containers like the BPL store used to sell. Does anyone have an online source they can point me too?

Jon Leibowitz
    BPL Member

@jleeb

Locale: New England
    Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Thanks.

Lawson is out stock of mini bottles but the Hike Light 1/4 oz capacity bottles might work if I can fit my finger in to get the balm out. The BPL balm jars were 1/8 oz capacity but a bit heavy.

Aaron W
    BPL Member

@adw245

Locale: Chula Vista

I found some cheap in the travel section of Bed Bath and Beyond.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

REI.

The US Plastics website noted above has a lot of cool stuff.

Also, look in your local 99 cent store. You can find small plastic vials and other shapes that can be emptied and then repurposed for your use. For example, you can find 3 – 3ML vials with breath freshener in them and you just pull the top off the bottle and empty/clean/refill.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

$0.75 at REI:

http://www.rei.com/product/605890/polyethylene-container-1-fl-oz

A film can is taller, but cheap and easy.

Check your local pharmacy; they have all kinds of trick little bottles back there. Check the contact lens stuff too– cut them into two containers.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Those things can be found in various shapes and sizes at the Daiso Store, the Japanese equivalent of a 99-cent store. Due to inflation and currency exchange rates, the price is $1.50.

–B.G.–

Thornton Plastics

@vials

An interesting case – is this spam or not spam? (Well, it is really.)
    Or perhaps more importantly, is it useful to BPL readers?

I have deleted the contents of the posting because, while possibly useful, the web site referenced only sold by the case and part-case. There was no visible opportunity to buy just a few. This made the whole thing a bit pointless.

If Thornton Plastics wish to sell small quantities over the web in a manner useful to BPL readers, I suggest a posting in Gear Deals would be very appropriate.

Cheers
    Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    Backpacking Light

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools