Topic

You stink, Nalgene!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) You stink, Nalgene!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

"Not for nothing, but you can't account for streets. You might have training, but I might have a motorcycle chain! hahaha"

Good luck with that…

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

So, uh, my OG, translucent white Nalgenes with the big screw top aren't BPA-laden because they pre-date the deadly products that were recalled selectively for those not in New Jersey?

Not bad. My collection of Nalgenes includes the old, never-die whitish ones that have been frozen, dropped, dipped, and hauled all over and a few of the candy-colored translucents with BSA logos on them (but that came with no-BPA stickers). Now, I can feel good about using the old ones at summer camp again.

Right after I douse myself with Jungle Juice.

–Don't worry about internet jihadi with "motorcycle chains". It's an ultralighter site: probably a light nylon chain, anyway. One blast from Hiker Jim's latest manipulation of illicit gas canisters onto Fisher Price camp stove heads and he'll melt like a witch under water. —

Anonymous
    Inactive

ROTFL. Too freakin' much.

Lee Fitler

@tdilf

Time to close this thread… please.

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

"–Don't worry about internet jihadi with "motorcycle chains". It's an ultralighter site: probably a light nylon chain, anyway. One blast from Hiker Jim's latest manipulation of illicit gas canisters onto Fisher Price camp stove heads and he'll melt like a witch under water. –"

Worry? I'm just bummed that I won't get a chance to get some practice time in with someone I don't have to hold back with. I have to admit though, I'd rather get my hands on a congressthing.

(With their "ethics" they don't qualify as life, let alone as humans.)

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

This is the most incredible asinine thread I have ever read :(

Devon Cloud

@devoncloud

Locale: Southwest

hmm, a thread about almost nothing on a backpacking light forum and it has more posts that the stuff that supposedly we are all interested in.
    This is a sight that is riddled with people that like to speak their minds in the rudest of ways when they disagree. I was told to have thicker skin concerning the way I was treated on one of my threads when I did not correctly speak fuel-eze language (i certainly did not threaten to hit someone in the face with a cement-filled Nalgene bottle). While I don't act like this guy and threaten people (nor would I ever start), I can relate a bit to what he is saying even though he has made himself look like the biggest fool on the planet in the process.

Yet still, here is this tool out-doing the people with "thick skin" acting completely inapropriately while everyone else stoops to his level. I think this is now the longest post since I have been paying attention to the forums which admitedly is not long at all. Everyone has to take a shot at him (some multiple shots just to make sure they got under his skin). Even me I guess since I am posting right now and not being very nice ;0P

Not sure what this says about us but is says something. Maybe we all need to join the UFC hahaha!!!

Zack Freije
    BPL Member

@oldskool

Locale: Ohio

"You know what stinks? This:

No amount of scrubbing, soap or boiling water will get the stink out. The only thing I found that works is baking soda, and that's temporary. I wish I could get it replaced, but that company now uses cheaper plastic that cracks easily, along with lower quality manufacturing that tends to cause leaks. So if you crank on the lid to stop the leak, it'll crack, and it still stinks"

This works great for me:
    http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-Quick-Blend-Shaker-Red/dp/B000N3BLXO

Zyliss quick blend shaker. It attaches to a standard blender, then just screw the cap on and go.

Curry
    BPL Member

@veganaloha

Locale: USA

i have several of the older bottles and was never aware of the recall, but i figure I've gotten my money's worth from a product that i've had for twenty years and still works just fine. I bought new BPA free bottles and simply use the old ones to store small, loose things in, like batteries, jewelery, whatever.

wrt to some of the comments in this thread, how unfortunate, but I guess there's a reason some people don't post their own picture.

Dave T

@davet

teddy.

you REALLY need to delete that personal info from here immediately.

or a moderator needs to.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Devon. I followed that thread where you met –B.G.– Not always the best way to be introduced to BPL. This particular thread? Take it for what it is worth. Got a nice PM from the OP. Everything is fine on my side of the fence. Sure we can be rude at times. But at least this forum is not so heavily moderated that all post read like they are from an alternate reality where everything is rainbows and unicorns. You have to seek out the positive. Just like life.

BER —
    BPL Member

@ber

Locale: Wisconsin

Damn!

I though I might find rainbows and unicorns here.
    Unfortunately I just lost 10 more minutes of my life I will never regain…on crap.

Devon Cloud

@devoncloud

Locale: Southwest

Ken, perhaps I may come off as being upset but in reality I am not… in fact I like the confrontation. That being said, I don't back off from much. B-G tried to put me underneath him and I let him know what I felt about his lack of social skills. I don't hold it against him though, we had our two cents to say and it's over as far as I am concerned and he was correct in what he was saying he just went about it incorrectly.
    In the context of this thread however, I did not say what I said because I was upset… I said it because I saw the hipocracy of this particular group who loves to jump on anyone they perceive to show weakness on a certain subject to call someone else out exhibiting the same behavior (all be it a more colorful version). I don't think it is a flaw of this group… I think that is human nature, which is what I wanted to point out.
    Trust me, I enjoy life to the fullest, and aside from Bob's inadequate social skills I am loving the forum ;o)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

The only fair way to settle this would be to engage Gregory and a representative from Nalgene in the traditional Fish Dance.
    I vote for Gregory to play the Michael Palin part (on the right side of the screen but not the bright side of life) and the Nalgene guy to play the John Cleese bit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9SSOWORzw4
    Franco

Kier Selinsky

@kieran

Locale: Seattle, WA

I haven't paid attention to this thread till today. Quite the show. I'll never understand why someone would be willing to commit felonious assault just because of a few words on an internet forum.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"aside from Bob's inadequate social skills I am loving the forum ;o)"

Eventually, you'll come to love them as well, Devon. When things get boring, they make a great foil for forum humor in the dead of winter. Up here in the dismal Pacific NW, the temptation becomes irresistable around the first of the year, but it's all in good fun. Well mostly. ;0)

Anonymous
    Inactive

"I'll never understand why someone would be willing to commit felonious assault just because of a few words on an internet forum."

He'd have to wing that concrete filled Nalgene a looonnnnng way to do it. That's the beauty of the Internet. He's just venting, as are a few others. Cabin fever reaches a fever pitch here just about the time everyone's sap starts to flow again, sort of like foul tempered bears emerging from hibernation. So far, no one's been killed or sued. Still, it can grate on the more sensitive souls among us, and on almost all of us if it goes on long enough. Roger C is pretty good about stepping in when it reaches that stage. This one seems to be dying a natural death, so I doubt he'll be forced to swallow his scruples about inhibiting free speech this time around. Trust me when I say there have been far wilder and woolier threads than this one, some of which now exist only in our "clan memory", having long since been scrubbed fron the server.

G Watson

@twiglegs

Locale: Uk

Jeez, only just seen this, could have funded so much new kit if i'd seen this earlier and set up a popcorn stand. ;>)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> could have funded so much new kit if i'd seen this earlier and set up a popcorn stand
    Oh no you don't! That's MY privilege!
    But I didn't think of it. Go you halves? :-)

Cheers

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools