Topic

Need material for shorts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Need material for shorts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dan Johnson

@seattle

Locale: PNW

So I'm looking into making a pair of shorts to trail run in and I've noticed that on every rainy trail run only the front of the shorts get wet. The back is totally dry. So it got me thinking to make the shorts with a waterproof material in front and a quick drying material in the back.

Anyone have experince with this? Will I over-heat with the front not being able to breathe? And that brings me to my next and most important question of what materials to use? Silnylon in front M90 in back… I'm lost on what materials to consider.

Thanks!

Chris Lucas

@cheme

Locale: SC

If you are going for the absolute lightest design I would vote for black CT1K.08 in the front with 2012 SevenD in the back. The cuben will quiet down after a bit of use and it should be opaque enough to hide everything you might want hidden.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools