Topic

Does Reflect-Tex work? Help!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Does Reflect-Tex work? Help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bernard Shaw

@be_here_nowearthlink-net

Locale: Upstate New York

Hi BPL'ers. TG offers products with Reflect-Tex fabric. They feel it is factually helpufl What might you all know or think about this?

Their statement:

We are very excited about Reflect-Tex, this 1.1oz base fabric has a silicone-uerathane coating applied to it,
    with thermal/solar reflective properties. This fabric has the same weight and characteristics of sil-nylon, with
    added heat and light reflectance

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Who is TG? edit: ah..Titanium goat.. Their 'Crazy Diamond' tent won't keep out the snake on that product page.. ironic. ;)

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

Is TG Titanium Goat? I think I remember that blurb from their website.

Tom

Gene .

@tracker

Locale: New England

'TG' IS Titanium Goat, and they are making new gear from the Reflectix material. My understanding is that this fabric is useful in areas of high Sun, and or use in tarps in front of campfires to reflect heat; with the usual caveats of fire and fabric.

I have'nt heard from them since they were moving into their new building and putting a more solid roof on the place. I was exchanging emails with them about this fabric; and some suggestions for new shelter types that might benefit from being contructed with this fabric.

David Wills

@willspower3

I made a tarp and 2 emergency bivy/ VB bags out of it. Along with the aforementioned purposes, I would add using it for space blanket purposes- VB bag booster, emergency shelter, etc. It has a lot of durability to offer vs. space blankets.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools