Topic

Fleece jacket for tall and slim build

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Fleece jacket for tall and slim build

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stefan F

@stefan22

Looking for the right athletically cut fleece jacket for a 6ft 7'/ 185 pounds. Need an XXL for shoulder room and arm length, but most xxls billow a like a tent once you get lower on a physique like mine. I'm already thinking of ordering a Marmot power stretch jacket for good measure, (which should work) but I'm also looking for a more traditional (polartech) fleece for layering.

Am considering Marmot Warmlight or Patagonia r2, Mountain Hardwear Monkey Man Jacket, Helly hanson rift fleece jacket. They have all been mentioned as being more athletically cut. Can't try them on though, as I live very distant. Any other suggestions by and for the tall fellas?

Cheers, Stefan

Stefan F

@stefan22

Add to the list: MEN'S SUPER SIULA JACKET by North face. I might order it and see…

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

eddie bauer, lands end, ll bean, cabela and even old navy all make very serviceable fleece jackets at lower prices in tall sizes

if you can look past the $$$$ "outdoorsy" brand names … youll be surprised at what you can find …

Jeremy G
    BPL Member

@gustafsj

Locale: Minnesota

+1 for eddie bauer, although they are more billowy than I like. I'm 6'4" and 180 with length 37 sleeves. I found that if you can find items for cycling or with thumbloops, they will have longer sleeves. I found a Mammut Soft Shell (Ultimate Hoody) that has really long sleeves with the thumbloops and yet fits pretty trim. Might want to consider them as well.

Or get an XXL locally and take it in to your local tailor to get it trimmed to the athletic cut that you like. That might even be the cheapest as you would be saving on shipping costs and return shipping costs once you try on a few pair and ship them back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools