Topic

New England GGG #3 Springtime!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips New England GGG #3 Springtime!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Pete Anderson

@hosaphone

Locale: Boston-ish, MA

I was outside all day on Sunday in the rain but not hiking, what a miserable day. I can only imagine it was even more miserable up in the mountains. Was thinking about you guys hoping the rain missed you or held off until you were done but I guess not!

Hope I can make it for the next trip.

And having a camera you don't have to worry about getting wet is pretty great… But on the other hand if it's raining you're probably not going to be too inclined to stop and take a picture anyways… At least not of the scenery because visibility is probably nil.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

Jake: enjoy, this weekend is looking like it will be a great one for a hike!

Pete: you obviously don't know how trigger happy I am with a camera! I took 500 photos over three days when hiking the Wildcat/Carter/Moriah ridge last year, and 200 on our Katahdin day hike.
    The rain wasn't very heavy, just long and steady, though we were "in the clouds" for a bit with lowered visibility, but all that combined to make a really idyllic hike. If my camera was not currently my phone I would have braved the possible water damage for some photos.

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

Looks like you guys had a great time! Wish I could have made this one but it wasn't in the cards. I'm hoping to do a trip in the next few weeks somewhere in the catskills, maybe something that would be able to incorporate fishing since its prime fly fishing season, and I'm looking to switch to tenkara this year. Anyone have any suggestions for a shorter hike that would leave me time to fish a small river or wider stream for small trout? In addition, anyone interested in putting a trip together? I could provide extra fishing gear for others. I'm itching to get out finally since my last trip to Cascade/Porter ridge was in Feb!

dreamer
    BPL Member

@ejcfree

Congrats guys. Three trips together in six months. That's a regular thing you've got going. Whites in June?

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Anyone that didn't make the first trip want to try this soon? (or anyone that did that wants to try it without a snorkle). my schedule is pretty much wide open but would like to do it in 4 days instead of what they did in a rushed 2.5.

Jake

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT
    Kari Post
    BPL Member

@karipost

Locale: New Hampshire

I'd be interested in hiking the Monadnock-Sunapee trail at a more relaxed pace. I'm used to leading groups so we typically log days not more than 12 miles or so, and usually far less, as opposed to 20+. I also like to take my time, smell the flowers, and take photos.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Kari,

A few hiking friends that I've told about the trail have said the same to me, so we're looking at going out for a full 3-day excursion, possibly in July. The terrain is fairly mild (especially for those of us used to hiking in the Whites), so doing the roughly 18mi days is not as bad as it may sound, especially with the sections of boring dirt back roads…

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

Anyone interested in an August hike in the whites/pemi wilderness? I am looking at the possibility of the ridge along lafayette and then maybe dipping down back onto the other side and into the pemi wilderness and doing a long loop? Not looking for crazy mileage but I just did a weekend along the Dix range in the ADK's and I'm looking to find something else awesome to hike this summer.

Bruce Thibeault
    BPL Member

@brucetbo

Locale: New England

Im planning on hiking the Monadnock Sunapee Greenway in September or early October. The more the merrier I say, but this will be only my second trip to this part of New Hampshire and I want to take in as much as I can, so I wont be doing any high mileage days. If this sounds good to you….

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Adam, I'm up that way all the time, post as trip announcement and if I'm available to join you I'll let you know.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Hi Adam,

If it was at the end of August I may be able to attend, it's a 10 hour drive me for me so would make a long weekend of it.

Cheers,

Stephen

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools