Topic

Golite clearance items at ccoutdoorstore.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite clearance items at ccoutdoorstore.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

..sorry to hijack this post;
    Marion, the details and tracking number are in a PM.
    Shipping was 1200 yen which is about $10, so the total is $40. Pay me when you get the jacket, or earlier if you want.
    Thanks!
    Brett.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Good to see you finally arriving at the correct conclusion…

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Locale: Great Lakes

Got my Golite Poncho Tarp with no hassles. Recieved tracking info right away and it arrived one day behind schedule but I attribute that to the butt load of snow that we have been blessed with the last day and a half. It was dropping at the rate of two inches an hour for quite awhile. My experience with these guys was fine. I may use them again. I saved about $15 on this product and nobody around here stocks them.

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

I had had a couple of communications with Customer Service for CC Outdoor. This evening I finally received my FEDEX confirmation that the order was shipped. We will try the Reed Pants on upon receipt.

Rich

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Hi All,

MY Golite Reed Pants arrived today from CC Outdoor. I had ordered them in L and to my surprise, they have sent me the new designed Reed Pants in L with the Ankle Zips for no additional charge (they had run out of the older style when I had ordered). :-) The Reed pants are a bit heavier than expected due to the zippers and weigh 6.4 oz instead of about 5 oz, but the zips will allow the pants to be put on and taken off over my shoes/boots. The big question, with the Ankle Zips is what to do about the length. I am only 5' 6" tall. My options are to:

1)Use them as they are with perhaps 3-4"? to much length and hope that the pant lenghts aren't a problem on the trail.
    2)Use some elastic around the outside at the bottom to keep the pants from going too far over the shoes/boots.
    3)Shorten the pant length by folding them over (from the top) and sew around the circumference of the pant length to shorten the legs. This option would probably require sealing the seam to prevent rain water from leaking through the seam.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,

Rich

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I think option one is a drag (pun intended). I would go for No. 3, assuming the pant legs are reasonably straight. Go through the pain just once, and have a pair of pants that fits.

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

Crazy idea: if there were enough extra material on the vertical seams you might be able to rig a vertical draw cord to adjust the length. Although it would probably just pull up one side of the pant leg.

Jaiden .

@jaiden

I too am 5'6 and am expecting my size L reed pants from CC. I expect I will face the same dilemma. I also ordered some REI sahara convertible pants (zippered too) in a way too long length. I expect I will sew both of these, but will have to learn how to handle the zipper! I bet there is some sort of zipper repair kit that will let me reterminate the zipper higher up and just cut them off and stitch them.

My wife is going to think I'm nuts.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

I just got mine tailored. I had 3-4 extra inches, so I had him just cut them off at the bottom leaving 6" of zipper and rehem them. The tailor can sew on zipper stops so the pulls don't fly off when zipping up. No seam sealing required. I also had him change the waist band. The waist was too high for me so I had him turn it down 1" and make it 1" wide with no elastic and just a 1/4" drawcord. I'll weigh them tonight, but assume they are down to 4oz or so in size small.

Oh, yeah it only cost an extra $12 for the tailoring, which is worth it to me since they fit sooo nice!

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools