Topic

Shangri-la 2 Nest -Is this normal?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Shangri-la 2 Nest -Is this normal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Canode
    Spectator

@bcanode

I have the Shangri-la 2 fly and floor. We have used it a couple of times and love it. But, since GoLite no longer sells the nest seperately, we felt compeled to buy it today when we found one locally in a store. We set it up in the back yard and noticed the nest is about 1.5 feet shorter in length than the fly. Also, the pole reinforcment patches at the peak don't seem to line up like I expected. Does this sound normal? Is it possible we have parts from different model years that don't match?

gunther kirsch

@goonch92

Locale: Northern California

don't own a SL2 but I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark. from the way you describe it seems like its simply backwards… anyway thought Id take a try
    good luck
    Gunther

Ron W

@miles2go

Locale: White River National Forest

Are you certain they are the same year of production? Same model edition?

Rebecca Canode
    Spectator

@bcanode

We are pretty sure we have it the right way since both the fly and the nest only have one door. We are wondering if maybe we got different model years. We got the fly from the GoLite Clearance Closet in January and bought the nest from a local retailer today. The model number on the fly is 370002110 and on the nest is 375002110.

Is there anyway to tell what year we got?

Ron W

@miles2go

Locale: White River National Forest

The numbers may or may not mean anything but I'd call Golite or send them a message. I sent them a message through their contact form online and they emailed me promptly on Monday. Good luck.

David Ure

@familyguy

Last year's model was shortened to provide vestibule space. This year's, at least by the stock photo, has been lengthened again.

Keith Mackenzie

@kmack08

Locale: Western Ct.

If you really dont like it let me know, I've been looking for a SL2 nest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools