Topic

Anybody hike JMT and/or Pemigewasset Loop NH. + Mount Katahdin ?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Anybody hike JMT and/or Pemigewasset Loop NH. + Mount Katahdin ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jody carter

@finbox

I'm going to hike the first part of the JMT from the Vally to Red's meadow. I have day hiked from the Vally to half dome trail and back before so I know what that is like.

The knife edge off of Mount Katahdin was almost a technical clime (I hiked from the park, not the AT) Had to lower my pack down with 20ft of rope at the chimney

The Pemigewasset Loop NH was stated in Backpacker Magazine, listing the Pemi Loop in the #2 spot among "America's Hardest Dayhikes"…in three days I only saw 2-3 places of flat ground I could pitch a tent.

The pemi loop is 36 mi (58 km) with 10,500 ft (3,200 m) of elevation. The pics of the JMT look like walking though meadows and a lot of smooth ground etc.

If you have hiked the JMT and Mount Katahdin, and or Pemigewasset Loop NH how does it compare? I know it's longer etc. but over all is the trail easier or harder.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools