Topic

Any recent experiences with Fibraplex?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Any recent experiences with Fibraplex?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Allie

@stuart-allie

Locale: Australia

Does anybody have any *recent* experiences dealing with Fibraplex? I ask because I placed an order with them over a month ago (Feb 13) and, apart from an initial automated "thanks for your order" email, I've heard nothing since. My order hasn't arrived and I've had no shipping notification from them.

I have emailed them twice to ask what's happened to my order, with no response. The time difference makes calling tricky (I'm on the east coast of Australia, currently GMT+11 hours.)

Are they still operating but just with rubbish customer service? Is my money gone for good? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

No recent experience at all… but I just tried their number 931-243-6915 and got their answering machine. So looks to me they are still in business. If you PM me the particulars of your purchase, I will be happy to call them for you tomorrow (Friday).

Stuart Allie

@stuart-allie

Thanks for the kind offer Ben – PM sent!

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Ordered some hubs and elbows on the site last month, and they came within a few weeks.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I've never had any problem with Fibraplex, but that was only two transactions. My guess is that there was some difficulty over the Australian address or the overseas method of payment. I've seen some people get confused between Australia and Austria. Of course, that doesn't excuse the lack of communication back to you.

–B.G.–

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

I ordered 3 CF poles from them late last spring. Aside from the initial order confirmation, I didn't hear anything from them for almost two months. Finally I sent them an email to ask about the status of my order since they eventually charged my card but otherwise had made no contact. I still never recieved any personal response but the very next day I had a shipping confirmation email and the poles arrived a day or two later just as ordered.

Good product but their communication and/or customer service leaves a bit of room for improvement.

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Locale: Ruta Locura

Both in the past, and recently, I could not make contact with them. I was trying recently, on behalf of one of my customers, who also did not get a reply from them.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I just called Fibraplex, and Linus answered on the second ring. He said he had been out on a business trip, but he is now back. Stuart, your poles were shipped last Saturday, 3/10.

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Locale: Ruta Locura

Thanks for the update Ben.

Stuart Allie

@stuart-allie

A big thank you to Ben for chasing that up for me. It's good to know that fibraplex aren't crooks, they are just a bit rubbish with their customer service :)

Now I can just go back to waiting for the postman for my order.

Thanks to all who responded.

David Ure

@familyguy

Wow. Good on you Ben!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Stuart, you're welcome.

No biggie, it's been slow, and I'm glad to help :)

Stuart Allie

@stuart-allie

One last update. I had an email from Linas at Fibraplex apologising for the delay and lack of contact. There was a mix-up with shipping my order but he's assured me it will ship on Monday. So all's well that ends well I guess. Hopefully they will take this as a sign to put some effort into improving their customer service.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"There was a mix-up with shipping my order but he's assured me it will ship on Monday."

Maybe they _were_ trying to ship it to Austria.

–B.G.–

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

One lucky Bastard in Austria is getting new UL tent poles…

Stuart Allie

@stuart-allie

Actually, they got sent to South Korea apparently…

Years ago I had some CDs that got sent to Tanzania rather than Tasmania. At least that one made some kind of sense.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools