Topic

Golite vs Gossamer vs Golite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite vs Gossamer vs Golite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Rowling II
    BPL Member

@jrowling

Locale: Great Lakes Area

What are your opinions on the Golite Pinnacle – 25 Oz. for 4500 ci3 vs, Golite Jam 2 – 21 Oz. for 3000 ci3 vs. Gossamer Gear New Mariaposa Plus – 20.5 Oz. for 4200 ci3 ?

John

jim bailey
    BPL Member

@florigen

Locale: South East

Hi John,
    Would probably depend on how much your carrying, use the Jam as my 3 season pack of choice & it has never let me down, only problem I noticed with the older model was in the shoulder straps hurting a little on long days, with the newer version this should not be an issue.
    Just had a chance to test out the new Pinnacle this past weekend. Volume is perfect for winter and all the essential & bulky equipment needed for frigid alpine conditions, was packing close to 30 lbs and this pack performed excellent, with plenty of room inside & outside for lashing gear. Padding in shoulders and hip belt was right on the money. Hats off to Golite on this one.

Philip Werner
    BPL Member

@earlylite

Locale: White Mountain National Forest

John,

You might also want to look at the Golite Trek, which you can still find on the Golite site. Holds up to 4600 if yo uneed the space. I love this pack and just bought an extra one. Weighs about 28 ounces.

-Philip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools