Topic

Oz – Mainpeak (WA) sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Oz – Mainpeak (WA) sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

I chanced upon Mainpeak's Montane (WA) sale – got a 2011 LightSpeed for $32.70, an eVent Air jacket for $135 and a Bear jacket for $59.70.

Those are really, really good prices …..

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Well, they turned up: love the Lightspeed (it's the red/red one) and wore the very light Air jacket home last night in the rain.

Josh Newkirk
    BPL Member

@newkirk

Locale: Washington/Alaska

Is the eVent Air still for sale because I just looked for it and couldnt find it?

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Possibly not then.

Edit: Just had a look – they seem to be gone, no mention of them on the site at all.

But if you don't have a decent windproof (or even if you do) $32 for a Lite Speed is ridiculously cheap.

Josh Newkirk
    BPL Member

@newkirk

Locale: Washington/Alaska

Ok, thanks.

I have a montbell tachyon anorak for my windjacket. Do you know or think the lightspeed would be more breathable or more water resistant?

I think I will pick up the prism pants if anything, seem like a good pair of synthetic pants for a good weight and price.

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

"I have a montbell tachyon anorak for my windjacket. Do you know or think the lightspeed would be more breathable or more water resistant?"

I doubt it would be any more water resistant (because my old one soaks through immediately) but it may be more breathable, depending upon whether the tachyon is calendared.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools