Topic

Analog Watch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Analog Watch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

I also prefer my watch to be either in my pocket or hanging from a pack strap.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

"Btw – a benefit of having my watch in my pocket rather than on my wrist: I never damage the glass cover. I think scratches on the glass while scrambling was what started me off on this."

True. But perhaps that is part of our throw-away society? I have my good watches cleaned and calibrated every few years, and crystals replaced if needed. Although, each year it become more difficult to find a good watchmaker.

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

"My solution is to remove all the band and pins, drill a hole on the pin arms for a loop of strong cord (you can just enlargen the pin holes), and hang the watch around my neck inside my shirt or put it in my pocket tied to the fabric. Very much like a nurses watch. "

One alternative is to look at something like one of the Dakota carabiner watches. Instead of going on your wrist, they attach to things… like a chain around your neck, or one of the loops on your backopack, etc. I'm finding that approach to be preferable to a wrist watch myself, especially after snapping the band on a relatively new wristwatch when it got caught in backpack strap when I was removing the backpack.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools