Topic

Copper Spur Durability

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Copper Spur Durability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

Is anyone using a Copper Spur tent without the footprints? I have 2 of the copper spurs, and am always worried about taking them out without the footprints when we head out to the Rockies. The floor just seems so thin. I could be totally wrong, and hopefully I am. Is the floor more durable than it seems? Has anyone used one sans footprint for a fair amount of time without any issues?

Thanks

Ben

diego dean
    BPL Member

@cfionthefly

Id like to know this also. The material is thin enough on the floor than you can clearly see through it. I have the 2012 Copper Spur UL1 set up in my basement and still deciding if Im going to keep it or not. The length factor will be the basis for my decision, but if I have to add a 4 oz ground sheet to protect the floor, that will also play a part.

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

i have the Copper Spur UL1 and have never used a footprint with it. i layout the tent and then use my hand to feel the ground for any pointy sticks or sharp objects that might cause me grief.

Art Tyszka
    BPL Member

@arttyszka

Locale: Minnesota

I used to have the CSUL2, it's plenty durable w/o the footprint with just a little care and site prep. I used to always believe I needed a footprint, but have realized (learned) that with a 1 minute sweep of the ground before I pitch it's not necessary. I suspect the huge profit margin in selling a footprint is a reason they're so visible when buying a tent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools