Topic

Close to Dead

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Close to Dead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

"Arson" a friend of mine had this happen to him recently on an overnighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmBHcO6slpI

Vadim Fedorovsky

@socrates

Dan

Many thanks to you for sharing your experience with us.

I was especially impacted near the end of your talk, when you considered whether this incident would keep you out of the woods.

Now that some time and much needed reflection has passed, what are your thoughts on this matter?

Thank you again for sharing.

Vadim

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

Sorry, but that guy is waaay too emotional/over dramatic/annoying…

Ty Ty

@tylerd

Locale: SE US

Yep, when I saw this thread on whiteblaze I watched the video. When he says 'I knew he was dead' my heart dropped and I was thinking 'oh my god his friend died' then he said the guy wasn't dead and that he never died…I was honestly a little ticked off. That is WAYYYYY over the top to say 'I looked over and knew my friend was dead'. Give me a break!

I wonder what his friend thinks about him saying that, saying that he had given up and was ready to die. I don't remember him saying the friend said that. I would be hesitant to make the claim that someone had given up and was ready to die unless they had plainly told me that is how they felt/were thinking at the time. That is a pretty serious claim to make.

Also I never understood, nor did I feel like there was an explanation given as to the logic in wearing chest waders on a canoe trip. I think it is pretty common knowledge that chest waders are like lead weights and dangerous if you fall in the water. If they were needed for the hike I can't imagine why anyone would put them on for the boat trip.

I appreciate that the guy made the video and is admitting the mistakes that were made to maybe prevent a similar situation in the future but dude needs to re-shoot that video, do it in about 1/5th of the time and remove the massive over dramatization, only include facts.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

yes exactly ty,

didnt even sound THAT bad… a little 75yrd swim w/pfd's with a 6mi warm up hike/run back to the car..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools