Topic

Inov8 Shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Dalley

@pauldalley

Locale: Gulf Coast

Hello All,

I going to need to buy new shoes/boots this season. Maybe I am brainwashed on Gortex but what is anyone experience with Gortex lined shoes by Inov8? Do your feet get hot? I have some very nice Golite Gortex lined boots, but my feet get hot. Don't like hot feet. Gortex pushes the dry/breathable benefits, but my feet get hot. Has anyone had this work? Does Inov8 make it work?

Otherwise I am seriously considering Inov8 Rocklite 295's

Thanks!

Paul

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Otherwise I am seriously considering Inov8 Rocklite 295's"

There are many possibilities, but those are quite popular with this crowd. You really need to know where you intend to use them, e.g. wet stream crossings, snow, desert, dirt, rock, etc.

–B.G.–

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Inov8 might make it work a bit better than others due to the meshy nature of their outers. My feet also run hot. The couple pairs of GTX inov8's I've owned were used below freezing temps or in very cold rain … otherwise they were too too warm.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools