Topic

custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

Cleaning out the garage and want to get rid of some extra tubing I have for stays. 6061 aluminum, .25" OD .18" ID. For reference the pictured stay is 22×11 and weighs 2.1oz. Stays are sold flat and you can bend them to fit your back if you wish.

$15 each shipped CONUS (I'll ship anywhere for whatever additional cost it takes to ship to your destination), 2 for $25.
    PM me to order and let me know what size you'd like. I have enough to make ~20 stays.stay

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Got mine in the mail yesterday, looks great and feels light yet sturdy – thanks, Brendan!

Nate Powell

@powell1nj

Locale: North Carolina

Howdy,

If you don't mind me asking, how do you do the longer, curvy bends on these and keep them uniform between the two sides? Is it all done with one of those tubing benders you can get at home depot? Thanks for any info.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

PM sent, Nathan

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

The longer contoured bends I usually just do over my thigh and tweak them until they're uniform and fit my back. It's pretty easy and the tubing doesn't pinch on the long curves. The 90s I bend with a tube bender.

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

I still have a few of these left; PM me if you're interested.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I ordered a couple of these, and Brendan got them to me quickly. They are great stays, very rigid and light. In my continual drive to get my prototype Osprey Hornet "42" comfortable, I swapped out Osprey's cheesy delrin stays. First I tried a self-bent .125" titanium 6/4 rod I had, which worked better. But then I switched over to Brendan's stay, and it made a great difference. It added maybe .3 oz. over the titanium one, but man, what a comfortable carry this pack is now. I'm trying to figure out how to use the other one with my modified Ion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools