Topic

Win a Backcountry Shelter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Win a Backcountry Shelter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

Win a backcountry shelter in a drawing. This is a super flexible light weight tent that is stove compatible. The shelter can be opened up like a tarp, or expanded using an add on panel.

For more details see here
    http://seekoutside.com/win-a-backcountry-shelter/

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Thanks for offering the raffle and announcing it here. The Backcountry shelter looks like a really interesting, versatile shelter for a family or couple with dog, etc.

Bill Law
    BPL Member

@williamlaw

Locale: SF Bay Area

Sorry to be so cranky, but after numerous attempts at selecting that url and copying/pasting it on my iPad, I have to ask this rhetorical question: Why, especially when one is trying to drum up business, can one not provide a clickable link?

It isn't *that* hard.

http://seekoutside.com/win-a-backcountry-shelter

<a href="http://seekoutside.com/win-a-backcountry-shelter">http://seekoutside.com/win-a-backcountry-shelter</a&gt;

You're wecome :-).

Bill

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

I did not know how to do a click able link on this forum. Thanks

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

nm

M

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

Matthew…it's only March 8. April is a month away.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

William, the url copy/pasted just fine on my computer and I double checked and it took about 10secs for me to fumble around on my android phone to open the link.

Why is it so hard to do such a simple task on an iPad, and why must someone who is offering a chance to win FREE gear learn html code to the point so that they can embed links into forums (which handles links poorly and randomly) when copy paste works nearly as well with considerably less effort?

This doesn't sound like an issue on the OPs part but rather an issue with you, or more likely the iPad (and just for clarity's sake, I'm writing this on an apple product, so this isn't just apple bashing).

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Arent these *free* things just a way to attract more spam ?

Here random guy, take my info and sell it to marketers.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Hi

We don't use your email for anything but our posts, or you can do a like on facebook, both work. We try to keep communication to a minimum, generally only posting specials, reviews, or new products. We like to keep it to a minimum and pertinent.

We offer an occasional free item drawing to increase exposure to a product, in this case it's the backcountry shelter, which while not as a light as a tarp, is very light for it's size and features and is the most versatile shelter we know of.

Bill Law
    BPL Member

@williamlaw

Locale: SF Bay Area

Hi, Dustin.

I *did* apologize for being (somewhat) cranky.

copy/paste sucks on an iPad: there is no double-click to select the url. Double-click zooms/unzooms the page. You press the word and wait a second, then it selects the portion of the url you are pressing on and puts this little box around it with little circles on the corners. You drag the corners to expand/contract the selection. My finger isn't as pointy as a mouse cursor so grabbing those little circles and dropping them in the right place is like trying to paint a picture on the head of a pin using a 6-inch wide paintbrush. If you miss the little circle, then the selection disappears. If you drag/drop one to the wrong place, then you end up with the whole page selected, the entire paragraph, the entire post, or nothing and have to start over. I must have tried 20 times to select that url!

Totally an iPad, or "I", problem. Dunno why Apple, for all its collective genius, can make those grabbies bigger or have a means for easily extending the selection to the whole line, say). I don't have nearly the same frustration on my Android phone, although I don't do much web surfing on it.

As to knowing how to make the links clickable: I'd buy that argument if this wasn't a community that has no problem with rigging scraps of plastic and some string to keep out rain, cook meals using an empty beer can and some leftover gas treatment fluid, etc. I betcha we can figure out enough HTML to solve this problem.

Finally: I would have just grumbled to myself about those lazy Apple engineers (or the lazy engineers who did this Forum software on BPL) like I normally do. But the OP wasn't posting the url entirely for *my* benefit. I was providing some "customer feedback."

Sorry to go off topic, folks. At a minimum, this will bring this thread back to the top of the stack.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

No Spam, no hidden stuff, just a chance to win.

http://seekoutside.com/win-a-backcountry-shelter

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Drawing is in a few days

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools