Topic

MYOG keychain flash light clip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG keychain flash light clip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Velimir Kemec
    BPL Member

@velimirkemec

Hi!

I just wanted to share cheap keychain flashlight MYOG clip.
    For this MYOG I used vinly ID 2 hole clip (press stud on vinly band with small tin clip at the end like this: http://straps.idcardgroup.com/productslist.aspx?type=colorvinyl ), cheap keychain flashlight from DX (photon micro light knock offs) and some two component glue.

First I've cut the vinly strap in half and cut out the press stud hole which was then glued to the keychain flashlight on to the opposite side from where the on/off button is. The other half of the vinly strap was tailored to hold only press stud and clip, the rest of the strap was removed. Once glue drys you just simply attach the flashlight back to the vinly strap using press stud and there you go. The light can be attached almost anywhere, can be detached to exchange battery and can be turned in all directions by rotating press stud or simply to attach it different way. You can easily unclip the lihgt and use it with hands.

Light + clip

It might be nothing new here but it's cheap, functional and light. The whole rig weighs in at 9.5g, and once in camp you can use the clip to hang your socks for drying

Cheers

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Very handy.

Thanks for the idea.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools