Topic

New to dehydrated food…help

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition New to dehydrated food…help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    c vp

@bearspray

Hi all, I'm new to the backpacking game and would love to hear some people's personal favorite dehydrated breakfasts/dinners. I'm assuming they don't taste all that great, but the convenience is too much to pass up. Also, when finished can you burn the empty packet in the fire or is that a no-no? What type of coffee/device works best?

thanks very much in advance

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

If you want ready to go meals (where you just add water) check out packitgourmet.com – for coffee? VIA by Starbucks.

Richard Cullip
    BPL Member

@richardcullip

Locale: San Diego County

+1 on PackitGourmet.

I started using some of their ready-to-rehydrate meals last year and they have become a staple in my backpacking meal planning. Haven't found one yet that I regret buying. I repackage them into a small freezer bag for Freezer Bag Cooking and pack out all my trash when done rather than burn it it a fire.

Paul Ashton

@pda123

Locale: Eastern Mass

Make your own. See Mrbabelfish5 on Youtube (or hungryhiker.com) for ideas and techniques.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools