Topic

Lightweight handle for Gillette Mach 3 blades

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightweight handle for Gillette Mach 3 blades

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Nilson

@eyeless

Hello,

This drives me nuts — I cannot understand why one should carry several one-time use shavers if one could have a lightweight handle for a good blade instead. But who sells lightweight handles for the Mach 3 blades? Any idea?

Jerry

David Hicks

@chaindoggydog

why shave its not nessicary and unless youve got some super macho hair thats gonna damage your equipment it’s useless weight

Do you even need a handle?

you can shave more than once with the same razor

why a mach3 they’re carrieng 2 extra blades that probably weigh as much as any handle they make.

I can shave with the second blade of my pen knife

Anonymous

you da man–ouch!

Anonymous

That’s like Mick Dundee shaving with his Bowie knife. I was trained by my father to use a straight razor and still do 30 years later.

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Check the web info below for tiny razors and razors with oil on the Gossamergear web site: http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/order.html

Anonymous

Real men dry shave!

Jerry Nilson

@eyeless

Yeah, and how do you look after a close shave then? :-)

Jerry Nilson

@eyeless

I’m sceptical. I rather have a good shaver (Mach 3) and I already have a tinier Shaving Oil bottle than they sell … . (I’m cycling for 3+ weeks and want to shave… .)

Jerry

jacob thompson
    Spectator

@nihilist37

the solution is simple

Grow a beard!

Ive not always had a beard, and I still really cant grow one but I still do not shave. Google the words growing a beard and you will find many pages dedicated to the reasons why a man should allow his hair to grow. I myself stopped shaving because I believe a human male/fenale should look like he/she was designed to look like. I know this is unrelated talk but its worth a consideration. I mean who really shaves in the backcountry? but if you must, why not cut down a single blade disposableor even if u want to carry the mach 3 cut down the handle on that, either that or fashion one out of a few popsicle sticks.

Jerry Nilson

@eyeless

Yes, I guess I ahve to be more creative on my own … . (But I am not too happy about growing a beard — also the beard will weigh some ;-) (as if that mattered to my over-all weight … ).)

Anonymous

Truthfully, neck is a bit red & raw, but goes away in an hour or two, & rest of face is ‘ok’ – just as downright ugly as I usually look.

Linda Alvarez
    BPL Member

@liniac

Locale: Southern California

The Venus women’s razor handle fits mach 3 blades and vice versa. My husband and I share a handle when travelling. The Venus version is plastic so I think it’s probably slightly lighter, if you don’t mind turquoise, pink or purple (and new tropical coral! :-)

If I have a chance this week I’ll weight the two side by side and post results.

Anonymous

The beard alternative may be the ticket.
    The Obi Wan Kenobi look is so chic at the moment.

Jerry Nilson

@eyeless

Hi Linda,

I was actually thinking that their ladies shavers might be working … hmmm .. will see if they have a colour I can get away with … (maybe the handle could more easily be trimmed also … . Thanks!

Anonymous

pink would clash with my hiking boots, but purple would match my sleeping bag.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

I use Gillette blades (not Mach 3, though) and I’ve shaved the past few days just holding the blade with my fingers …. works fine.

And on a scale of 1-10 my finger dexterity has gotta be <4 so if I can do it ....

Hmmm, maybe I should have posted this in the Multiple Use forum …. how many uses can YOU get from your thumb and index finger? (that’s a rhetorical question)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools