Topic

Big Santa Anita Loop Help

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Big Santa Anita Loop Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brett Bateman

@treeswinger

Looking at doing this loop and staying at spruce grove over night. Neither of us have done it before but partner has done trails around the area and stayed at hoegees. Any suggestions what time we should get to the trail head? He said from the trail it took him an hour to get to hoegees and that's about half way to spruce. We know parking sucks and get there early but we also don't want to get to the site at 11 am for an overnight. Suggestions?

Andrew McManama

@andymac321

Locale: SoCal

I have read about this trip in Backpacking CA from the Wilderness Press. Parking is supposed to be really bad on weekends so go early like you said. I would get to camp ASAP to get a spot, set up and then explore the area. It seems that sites can fill up fast according to what I was reading.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools