Topic

Moosejaw $100 Mystery Gift

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Moosejaw $100 Mystery Gift

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

Has anyone taken advantage of the $100 Moosejaw Mystery Gift? I have been eyeing the Arc'Teryx Alpha SL rain pants for a while now, but wanted to wait for a sale/discount/etc. before pulling the trigger on them. Reading through the reviews it seems like people love the mystery gifts so I'm tempted to make the addition to the gear closet.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

and was disappointed. it was all moosejaw items like a tshirt, sweatshirt, flag, and keychain. while i cant complain too much because it is free, it appears it is just a marketing thing to get you to wear the moosejaw logo around, plus getting rid of old stock.

for example they have the MJ sweatshirt they sent me at retail value of $50, nobody in their right mind is paying $50 for a MJ sweatshirt, so take that into consideration. the MJ flag was probably a $10 item too. its in the garbage can.

do not think of it as a $100 discount, if you can get the item cheaper somewhere else, do it.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

size XL>?????
    http://www.brms.com/arcteryx-alpha-sl-pant-mens

At moosejaw you can go through Mr. Rebates , get an 8% rebate on top of the coupon code MRREB15 for 15% off. That would put you at $170 ($156 after rebate) PLUS the MJ points.

so it depends if you think your mystery gift will be worth about $45 in the long run. maybe so maybe not.

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

Thanks for the feedback Bobby… I figured the free gifts wouldn't be anything to write home about, but after reading more reviews it sounds like Moosejaw doesn't even attempt to send you clothing in your size. Kind of lousy if you ask me.

Oh well, maybe they'll have a St Patty's Day Sale later this month.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

maybe the discount code doesnt work on Arcteryx, just tried it, but ddint seem to take.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

oh no they do send in your size, at least when i did it, they ask you for your size at your cart or checkout if I rememebr corerctly. maybe you have to add the mystery gift to your cart.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools