Topic

i so wanted this to work

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear i so wanted this to work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zack h
    BPL Member

@want2belite

bud mug

.8oz …..seemed cool but had no purpose…. Insulated cocktail mug?

Chase Norton

@micronorton

I could think of many. What is the reason you said no purpose?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

is that a rubber band?
    reflectix could be lighter.

Zack h
    BPL Member

@want2belite

I just envisioned it being a cup to sip hot or cold beverages from but never made use of it….if it did have purpose I'd love to hear it, tea mug? I think I was daydreaming. The weight is nice and an alchy fuel bottle will fit in it.

Ken, unfortunately that is a rubber band…..if I could find silicone at that size it would be nice. I don't think I've tried hard enough. I'm not convinced reflectix would save on weight when given the tape, but I don't argue it would be more efficient.

Fyi, I also had a version of this in 24oz. Fits more stuff inside that's for sure

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

If you ever wanted any sort of mug on the trail, that would be perfect. I used to carry a 12oz MGD can that would nest inside my heiney pot, and I would use it to drink coffee out of in the mornings.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

If you could prevent it from being crushed inside your main pot, it would make for a good coffee cup or in the winter you could make jagermeister snow cones? haha

Nick C.
    BPL Member

@nixie

They also fit nicely on the end of the small (16 oz.) nalgenes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools